A call to Carlisle Fire Company in Milford at 7:27 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3 changed the lives of Not Too Shabby owners Don Vaughan and William Payton.
As quickly as the fire rampaged through their building on the corner of S. Rehoboth Boulevard and Cedar Beach Road, local business owners and community members were working to get the business back up and running.
Downtown Milford, Inc. Board President Peggy Reilly was on the scene making phone calls to ensure the organization could help set something up to help the business out during the holidays.
Others, like Lifecycle owners Jenn Rowan and Ben Jones, friends and family and Not Too Shabby staff members were also on site to watch the smoke billow from every window on the building and work on a unified and organized effort to help the small business owners.
A meeting has been set for Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. at Westside Restaurant to discuss how the community can help Mr. Vaughan and Mr. Payton out during this time and raise the funds needed so they can host their Christmas Open House this Saturday.
Tentatively, cash and check donations can be dropped off to the DMI office on Walnut Street or Farmhouse 302 on Rt. 1.
The Delaware State News will offer more information on these efforts as soon as it becomes available.
Reach staff writer Jennifer Antonik at [email protected]
You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.